Bootstrap 4.5.012 May 2020
Bootstrap v4.5.0 has landed with dozens of bug fixes, some small new features, and some changes to our development. Originally planned as a v4.4.2 patch release, we’ve bumped this to a minor release on account of our new features that help bridge the gap between v4 and our upcoming v5.
Here’s what you need to know about v4.5.0. Remember that with every minor and major release of Bootstrap, we ship a new URL for our hosted docs to ensure URLs continue to work.
- New interaction utilities. Quickly set
user-selectwith the new utilities and Sass map.
- New Reboot style for pointer cursors. We now include a
role="button"selector in Reboot to set
cursor: pointeron non-
- Examples are now downloadable. We’ve added a script to zip up and offer all our Examples as their own download from the docs.
- Saved ~5% from the compressed minified JS builds.
- Added guidance to our docs for how to work around our longstanding input group rounded corner bug.
- Redesigned docs homepage and navbar to increment us towards v5’s new docs design.
bg-gradient-variantmixin as it’s being removed in v5.
- Updated to jQuery v3.5.1, Jekyll v4, and dropped Node.js < 10 for development.
We’ve shipped a lot more in this release, so be sure to check out the v4.5.0 GitHub release and the v4.5.0 project for closed issues and merged pull requests for more details.
Head to the v4.5.0 docs to see the latest in action. The full release has been published to npm and will soon appear on the BootstrapCDN and Rubygems.
Support the team