Bootstrap 3.3.5 released15 Jun 2015
Bootstrap 3.3.5 is here! This release has focused on bug fixes, accessibility improvements, and documentation updates. We’ve had over 330 commits and 160 closed issues and pull requests from over 40 contributors since our last release! Hell yeah.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Updated to Normalize.css v3.0.3.
bower.jsonto comply with recent update to the
- List groups now support
- Cleaned up some extraneous
paddingon jumbotrons across various viewports.
- Fixed input group sizing classes on all supported elements for real this time.
- Applied a few tooltip and popover positioning fixes.
- Fixed behavior when using tooltips and popovers that are triggered by multiple events.
- Fixed some memory leakage in the tooltip and popover plugins.
- Fixed incorrect Affix positioning when a webpage has a sticky footer.
- Fixed npm package to include all Grunt scripts, so that
grunt distworks if you installed Bootstrap from npm.
Since we last shipped a release, we made an official Slack for folks to hang out with other Bootstrappers. Registration is completely open thanks to the Slackin open source project. We have two channels to start—general and help—and nearly 1,000 members to date!
Sign up here to join.
wiredep and Bower
Due to vagueness in Bower’s specification, wiredep made some questionable assumptions about how the
main field in
bower.json works. Recently, Bower updated their spec to address this and clarify how
main should work, and we updated our
bower.json accordingly. Unfortunately, wiredep broke as a result if you were using it with Bootstrap’s vanilla precompiled CSS. Bower is working to further update their spec to address this problem and better assist tools like wiredep.
In the meantime, a quick-and-dirty workaround to get wiredep to work with Bootstrap again is to add the following to your project’s
Download the latest release—source code, compiled assets, and documentation—as a ZIP file directly from GitHub:
After reviewing the changelog, update your CDN links to point to the v3.3.5 files: