Bootstrap v5.1.1 has landed with a handful of bug fixes and documentation improvements. Following this release, we’ll be shipping another bugfix and docs update before moving onto additional new features. Keep reading for the highlights.
- Fixed broken
.bg-bodyutility. This was caused by the same
--body-rgbCSS variable for both text and background.
--body-rgbis now split into
--body-bg-rgbfor proper usage. While this could be considered a breaking change, the current implementation was outright broken, so we’ve chosen to address this head-on.
- All CSS dist builds now include
_root.scssand all our
:root-level CSS variables. The goal here is consistency across the distribution files so that no matter what CSS build you use, you have the same level of customization potential.
- Updated global options page to document
- Added callout to the Stacks page about
gapbrowser support with flexbox.
- Cleaned up documentation and usage of disabled links, especially for
- Fixed toggle between modal regression. See docs example.
- Fixed regression in tooltips where content doesn’t update after the first
- Fixed collapse toggle unintentionally hiding descendant tab panels.
- Improved Alerts live example documentation.
$dropdown-link-hover-colorto modify the
$dropdown-link-colorinstead of base
$gray-900variable for improved customization.
About Sass compilers
We’ve had a number of Visual Studio users mention that Sass compiling for Bootstrap 5.1.0 is broken when using the Web Compiler extension. This extension hasn’t been updated in more than five years, so we recommend moving to a newer alternative. Some users mentioned the Sass Compiler extension as a successful alternative. If you have additional recommendations, please leave a comment to share.
Get the release
Head to https://getbootstrap.com for the latest. It’s also been pushed to npm:
npm i bootstrap
Review the GitHub v5.1.1 release changelog for a complete list of changes since our last release.